Medical Conditions in Grande Prairie
The most common medical conditions that hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy is recommended for are:
- Embolisms (air or gas bubbles in the bloodstream, which may travel to the brain or lungs)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning (from inhaling smoke or car exhaust)
- Gas gangrene
- Crush injury, Compartment Syndrome and other acute traumatic problems where blood flow is reduced or cut off (e.g., frostbite)
- Decompression sickness (the bends)
- Enhancement of healing for wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers
- Exceptional blood loss (anemia)
- Intracranial abscess (an accumulation of pus in the brain)
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections (flesh-eating disease)
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Delayed radiation injury (e.g., radiation burns that develop after cancer therapy)
- Skin grafts and flaps that are not healing well
- Thermal burns (e.g., from fire or electrical sources)
HBOT is also frequently used to assist in treatment, recovery, and healing of; migraine headaches, arthritis, autism, brain injury, Lyme disease, cancer treatment recovery, mold exposure, cerebral palsy, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, infection.
If you are suffering with a medical condition let our knowledgeable staff at Redefine Oxygen talk to you about a case-specific treatment plan for you.
Book your appointment online today.
Come and see what the buzz is about.